High Voltage System Engineers CC (hereinafter referred to as follows: HVSE, the Company or the Consultant) specializes in electrical and mechanical engineering, civil and structural engineering, quantity surveying services, project planning, feasibility studies, design, project management, construction management, testing and commissioning of infrastructure development projects in South Africa and the rest of the African continent.
The company aligns its activities with various multi-national and multi-disciplinary firms and financial institutions in order to enable it to complete big projects successfully.
BLACK ECONOMIC EMPOWERMENT
The company is owned and managed by previously disadvantaged individuals and it has a staff complement of highly qualified and experienced engineering professionals and support staff of 16 people. It is rated as a level one contributor and has a BEE rating of 135%
The company’s management have been previously employed and/or associated with multidisciplinary and multinational firms such as ESKOM, AFRICON, ALSTOM SA, KWEZI V3 Engineers (Pty) Ltd (now known as Worley Parsons South Africa) and other Consulting Engineering firms.
The company’s management have a combined experience of more than 30 years in turnkey projects in various engineering fields.
QUALITY POLICY STATEMENT
In order to ensure customer satisfaction and to meet the Company’s objectives and expectations of our founders and shareholders, Senior Management at HVSE ensures that the Company operates in accordance with a documented SHEQ Management System.
The Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality requirements are included in this management system.
The system is established, implemented and maintained to enable us to comply with the goals and objectives as set out in the SHEQ Manual. We apply the Quality Management System to:
- Meet customer requirements.
- Set clear objectives that meet the demands of a dynamic and changing business environment.
Ensure employee development through involvement, training and effective communication.
Provide adequate resources to achieve the Company’s objectives.
Prevent injuries and well as occupational illnesses and to demonstrate commitment towards the health and safety of all our employees by continuous elimination and controlling of all applicable risks within the work premises and project sites;
Innovatively involve clients, suppliers and employees to achieve optimum solutions.
Ensure sensitivity towards the environment and compliance to requirements of all relevant statutory and regulatory bodies.
The Quality Management System is documented in our Integrated Quality Manual which provides details of specific responsibilities at all levels within HVSE.
Vision and mission statement
To be the engineering house of first choice and regional leader in the provision of engineering solutions.
- Our services and technical solutions are customer and stakeholder engineered.
- Our integrity and honesty are unshakable.
- We treat and imbue our human resources with respect and dignity.
- We handle our financial resources and physical company assets with due care.
- The inputs and counsel of our principals and shareholders are key to our success.
HVSE’s main objective is to support sustainable economic development initiatives of developing countries through infrastructure development and transfer of skills to under-privileged communities. This objective will be achieved through:
- The provision of professional consulting and project management services in electrical, mechanical, civil and structural engineering projects as well as information communication technologies.
- Technical support in operation, maintenance, refurbishment and extensions of existing infrastructure.
- Coaching, On-job training and development of local labour resources
HVSE aligns its operations and programmes with well-established strategic partners, equipment suppliers and financial institutions. In addition, the company has competent human resources to meet the company’s objective.